Sunday 2 October 2011

Earrings on ice

After my first attempt bracelets I thought I'd try making some earrings. After a few false starts with head pins that were too wide for my beads, I managed to produce these from sterling silver ear hooks, freshwater pearls and turquoise/blue sandstone/black onyx beads.

I'd like to get to one of the Christmas markets this year, but I think I ought to test the market on a smaller scale first. The earrings are currently on ice though as I'm still waiting for some further beads (cute silver flower connectors) and the earring cards to display them. You can get some great jewellery making supplies on ebay from the middle east, but it can be a long, frustrating wait for the goodies to drop through my letter box! Here's a sample of what I've made so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment